3.29.2008

ThE PuBlic LiBraRy!

I can not count how many times people have asked me what it is that I do and I wished that I could have their facial expression on camera. When just getting to know someone and they ask this question, I have gotten many a weird look when I answer that I am a full time librarian and a part time hair dresser. Somehow, people just don't seem to think the two fit. Well, what is nerdier than any of this??? Quite possibly that there were some sort of celebrations with cake, ice cream, and lunch because I have been at the library for ten years today! I have not quite decided if it is a good thing or bad! I guess it could be far worse, I could have the same job title and pay I started with... that would be bad! Luckily that has all changed a few times. Anywho, bottom line... I aM GrAtefuL fOr mY JoB!Grateful I have a job, it is a low stress job, I feel comfortable and competent there, I like the people I work with (all sooo different from me, but help me to be more accepting and less judgemental of all those around me), they treat me well, I kinda like that if when I am gone for a few days things are a bit out of control--makes me feel sort of needed, I make enough to pay for what I need, and I do not have one thought about my work once I leave there--- I can fully leave my work at work. I may dread it from time to time... it is work...but I truly am grateful, for so many reasons, that I have it.

5 comments:

Pepper said...

I am jealous of your job. It has always been what I wanted to do.

Jennica said...

I think you are a super cute and stylish librarian.

Nancy K said...

I do think it is a great place to work!

Traci said...

WHAT! I missed ice cream and cake?! I guess that's what I get for working a half day...

Cassie said...

I think it is an awesome job i would love to have it.